KidZone Preschool at Mill Grove UMC is a Monday-Friday (9am-1pm) preschool program for children ages 1-5.
An effective church-based preschool embraces sound child development principles in order to provide nurturing and guidance for young children in a Christian setting. In a loving secure environment, children learn to trust adults other than the parents while developing confidence in themselves and their abilities. Children learn to love successfully with others and are free to explore their own capabilities and the world around them.
A successful preschool:
- Works to develop a feeling of self-worth in each child, building confidence in ability and worth by providing situations in which each child can succeed.
- Aids children in learning to understand and live in God’s world.
- Encourages self-expression through language, math, music, art and play.
- Nurtures a child’s individual needs while in a small group setting.
- Introduces life skills to help children understand and manage their emotions. These life skills are necessary to build a strong foundation for forming strong personal relationships in the future.
- Appreciates a child’s unique talents and needs.